Day trip to Albufera - Valencia

Hello Everyone!

I hope you're all well.

Today I'm here to talk to you about a little day trip I took a couple of weeks ago, to Valencia's oldest and largest natural lagoon in a place called Albufera which is about an hours drive from the city of Valencia.



Firstly, the place is absolutely huge (over 52,000 acres!!). Upon arriving, we were greeted by our lovely tour guide Toni, who was so knowledgable and intrigued us all with his insightfulness about the Lagoon. We spent the day walking around the park, chatting with other Erasmus students and eating way too much Paella (No but really we ate so much for lunch). Not only was the Paella absolutely delicious, but we also got to see where the chef cooks it fresh (which I'm convinced made it taste better!) That's one thing I've noticed since my move over here, lunch for Spaniards, is not only later than I'm used to (2-2:30 pm), but it lasts a whole two hours. The Spanish love to sit and chat and really enjoy the food. But hey I'm not complaining!


The Restaurant

Hellooo Paella!!

After our lovely leisurely lunch, it was time for the the highlight of the day - which was a boat trip around the lagoon. This was definitely a highlight - the lagoon was beautiful. Although it was a little cloudy, it was still a really enjoyable trip. I've heard they also do sunset boat trips (yes please!).

The Lagoon
How pretty was this sun?!



 Have a great week!

Danielle x


No comments