Weekend Trip to Milan


Hey guys,

Today I'm back with yet another travel related post. Since moving here, one thing I've definitely been taking full advantage of is the cheap flights. A couple of weeks ago I flew to Milan to catch up with two of my closest friends (as you do!!)  Keep reading to see what we got up to.




The weekend started with the early 6.30 flight on Friday morning. I love early flights, not only do they make me so excited about getting up and exploring, but I love how productive you feel when the day is over (even if you are running on three hours sleep). After reuniting with Caroline and Aoife in the airport, we headed to check into our hotel. There is a bus from the airport into the centre of Milan which only cost five euro and took us right to the central train station of Milan which was so handy.





After we freshened up at the hotel, we headed into the centre to explore and devoured the nicest pizza's ever (yay for Italian food). We spent the day wandering and browsing in shops.  As it was black Friday, the shops were absolutely packed. I hate nothing more than not being able to properly browse and have a look without bumping into people. But, nonetheless, we had a lovely afternoon! Milan has some beautiful architecture - the Cathedral and just the centre, in general, were absolutely gorgeous. After more shopping and exploring we headed back to the hotel restaurant for dinner.

Saturday Morning, the girls had to get an early Friday home - so I decided to get up early and continue exploring the city. My first stop was this cute little coffee shop called PavĂ© - absolutely perfect for a morning treat. I can't tell you how gorgeous the pastries were!









Thanks for stopping by!

Danielle, xx

No comments